Friday, August 10, 2007

Perma-Belly

Well we don't really have any pictures to post as of recently. Todd has been working pretty diligently on the duplex trying to get it done before college starts around here. So no fun coming from our part of the world, but changes are rapidly happening nonetheless.

Jenny (we'll refer to her as me from now on in this post!) has been extremely tired and can't believe how much stuff I have let go by the wayside. Laundry piles up until we give in and put it away, dishes stay in the sink for days, and the bed didn't get made for 2 weeks!! Wow - this pregnancy stuff is for the birds I tell ya! I am thinking that Todd should take a turn next time!!!

But back to the reason for the post. I have a belly. It's definitely a belly. Now before these last couple of days I have joked about bellies. Like ya know, I have had one before in my life! But these bellies I've had, they were temporary. Like sometimes I'd wake up and first thing in the morning my belly would be completely flat. I always liked those times! But now (for the past few days) my belly is there every morning. In fact, since it showed up, it hasn't ever left. I finally expressed my concern to Todd and he ever so lovingly told me he didn't think it was going to get any better for a while! I was so sad at this realization.

Now some of you might be flabbergasted at my sadness - for carrying a baby is such a beautiful thing I'm sure. But this is reality, and I take my stand that if I could carry a baby with no belly I would definitely pick that option!! LOL - Hope you have a good day and enjoy the belly you currently have!

PS The picture above is NOT my belly

2 comments:

John Petersen said...

Nice Flower

Welch Mom said...

I am sad to tell you Todd is right and you will never believe how your small flat belly can get so big and not split open! I used to have a 6 pack believe it or not. I am also sad to report that even after pregnancy your belly will never be the same. You might weigh the same, but the shape of your body is just different. But I am happy to report that you gain something much more important a beautiful child! That is worth any flabby belly if you ask me!