Wednesday, February 27, 2008

She's Arrived!!









And we can hardly keep our hands off her! She is so cute! She is a girl and her name is Savannah Jane. She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20". As you can see she was excited to stretch and often does that kind of stuff with her arms and legs! (No wonder my ribs hurt so bad!) I had a great delivery with some serious pain in the beginning and not much pain at all at the end! (Thank you modern medicine!) Todd and I are completely in love with her and if any of you talked to us before she was born you may have gotten the impression we were worried about it - well we were. But rest assured we are so glad to have her and just can't get enough of her!



Todd loves to have skin-to-skin bonding time with her and she loves it too! It's pretty funny to see him so goo-goo over her, but totally perfect at the same time!


She pouts her lips a lot and does some pretty fun facial expressions and loves pink! We are pretty busy getting used to her but Jenny's mom helped at the hospital and stayed a few nights and Todd's mom came down to visit and help and is staying for a week. Man - we feel pretty lucky and blessed!

So everything is good - Baby, Mom, and Dad are all doing well!

11 comments:

JoAnn said...

Oh sweet Savannah! I love it!! This pic of Todd and SJ is so cute - man I forget how limp and tiny their limbs are. Rest assured Jen - she is such a cutie! I love it!!

Alisha M said...

Congratulations to the entire Welch family! She is definitely a cutie...but when was she born exactly?

I'm so excited for you and Todd. You'll be great parents to an adorable little girl.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for the two of you. She is beautiful. I can see why she is easy to love. Welcome to the world of parents. You have now officially surrendered your heart to someone totally innocent and helpless. You will find that love songs take on a whole new level of meaning. We couldn't be more happy for you. Thanks for sharing.

Robb said...

Congratulations guys, what a cutie pie. I am glad all parties are home and doing well. Enjoy this time cause it seems like it flies by and in no time at all they are jumping on your head to wake you up in the morning.

Cherise said...

Congratulations!! I was waiting for an announcement any time. She is so adorable. I can already see she looks like you both. I love the picture of her and Todd. It makes her look so tiny. Enjoy these first few weeks together as a new family, I think they are the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh she's beautiful!!! Todd, you're so lucky to have two such pretty girls! You guys are going to be great parents, and I'm so happy for you! Congratulations, and I'm excited to meet her!

Todd*Jenny Lei*Savannah*Nate said...

OH Sorry - she was born on February 21, 2008 at 2:51 PM!

Olsen Family said...

She is really a cute baby! I'm so excited for you and know you guys will be great parents.

DenisonChangos said...

CUTE! Congratulations! You guys will make great parents. Enjoy each moment because they grow up fast.
Aren't you glad you aren't pregnant anymore?

woolffamilyfun said...

Jenny, Hi this is Cherstie, Oh my heck she is so dang cute and I love the name, Sorry I couldn't make it to the shower, we were out of town. She is really a pretty baby which I have to be honest I have seen some not so pretty ones before. I think she looks like todd what do you guys think? Well good luck with everything and I will try and stop by sometime.

luv ya
Cherstie

Anonymous said...

Linton Family says hi and congratualations!! You guys will be terrific parents. We are so excited for you both. You make adorable babies... hope there is LOTS more to come :)

Love the Justin and Erin (killpack) Linton