Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oh Sweet Pea!




So yeah, I grew Sweet Peas in my kitchen window. I bought these seeds years ago when a girlfriend I had helped me pick out some really cute flowers for a front flowerbed I had. I kept them, having never planted them, and decided last fall to plant a few "Sweet Peas" to see what the flower would look like. Well after what seemed like forever we finally got a purple, adorable flower. It was very exciting and very cute. Then after a little while longer - who knew - they turned into peas! I never put 2 and 2 together. I always figured there was just an adorable flower out there named "Sweet Pea!" But pretty fun to have some veggies in my kitchen window!


We haven't tried one yet, but this next group we certainly will!

And it just wouldn't be a post from the Welch's without the most aborable member of the family being spotlighted?


Baby really likes Kitty, and Kitty really likes baby! Well "really" might be a stretch on Kitty's part! But she does let Savannah pet her and lay her head on her, which is shockingly sweet! (And yes for all you super, duper housekeepers out there, this is our bed! We NEVER make it! In life, some things just have to be let go.)

1 comment:

Chris and Whit said...

I agree with you Jen, I can't figure out the point in making the bed. It's kinda funny, I always knew sweet peas were a veggie, but I never knew they were a flower too!

P.S. You're baby is darling and your cat is shockingly huge. Love you!