Sunday, August 08, 2010

So What Are You Guys Eating?


This is the most common question we get now so I thought I'd post a little bit about it for all you inquiring minds. I have also received a few requests for recipes or ideas on different meatless options so I thought this would be as good of a place as any to let you all know! And I will post the recipes as we consume them!
So I'll start with Saturday's menu so far: Breakfast was delicious with Honey & Wheat pancakes with pecans on the bottom and sliced bananas on top (cooked in). So what we do for this is spread out a few chopped pecans on the griddle and pour out a pancake of batter on top of them. Then place sliced bananas on top of that. Then spray the griddle with Cooking Spray where you are going to flip it as the bananas tend to stick a little. Then flip the pancake over with the bananas now cooking on the griddle. Then cook as normal. These are also very good with fresh blueberries!



Lunch was the best we'd had yet with grilled Black Bean patty burgers (Morning Star). On a grilled whole wheat bun with avocado, fresh chopped salsa (tomatoes, garlic, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt) grilled red pepper, grilled green onion, and a spoon full of flax seed. They were so good we didn't even add ketchup, mustard or anything else!

1 comment:

Welch Mom said...

That look so yummy! I want a bite :O